AD 1

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

People Killed Him Mercilessly A True Story of a Vicious Money Lender

People Killed Him Mercilessly

True Story of a Vicious 

“Unaware of the world Hereafter, this miser money lender used to wear neat clothes, carrying weapons all times, threatening to kill people. Every 2nd individual in the villager was its bower. In case someone fails to payback the amount, this money lender treated people mercilessly”.

About six years ago, I was promoted to headmistress at Government Girls High School in a village about 25 km from my hometown. I had never heard of the name of the village but what I did was compulsory. Top office-bearers forbade me to go as the environment was not feasible. They advised me just to  visit the school occasionally but
This was not possible for me as my conscience could not allow me to sit at home and get salary to feed my children. I continued to go to school in cold, rain and storms. Before the transfer, I did not travel in local buses. But this experience gave life a new color. All kinds of people used to meet. I loved sitting with older women and listening to them. On both sides of the road, I saw village women and children working in the fields, smoke from the brick kiln, the birds singing.
It would have been about an hour's journey in the morning and an hour's travel in the afternoon. Even though tiredness does not feel. The local drivers and conductors of the buses showed much respect as they knew me as the headmistress of the village school, where their children had been studying.
One day as I got off the bus, the bus driver requested me to listen him. I stopped and thought maybe there was a problem with his daughter who was admitted mt my school. He requested me for my phone number. I gave him the PTCL number of the school.
The next day, he phoned and cried out: "Save me from this money lender. You are respectful to us. Please help me”.
He further said, “I borrowed some rupees but could not pay even the interest. Now he is insisting on returning the money. If I don't have interest money, where can I get the original loan? Unaware of the world Hereafter, the man used to wear neat clothes, carrying weapons all times, threatening to kill people was no big deal. Every 2nd individual in the villager was its bower."
I assured him my help as much as I could.
A couple of months after this event, as soon as I landed at the bus stand, it felt me strange and deserted. It was eight o'clock in the morning but nobody was visible. A rickshaw came close. I sat in it and started going to school.
The rickshaw driver also knew me. As I seated in rickshaw, he shouted, “People killed the money lender”.
I was shocked!
He further said; “This miser was willing to take the lives of others. People killed himself. May her offspring not develop the same germs? The rickshaw driver told me that he was buried without a bath as insects started to creep in his body.

Post a Comment

Please do not enter a spam link in the comment box.

Previous Post Next Post

AD 3

AD 4